Google Analytics is a free web analytics service that provides you with actual reports & analytics about your site visitors’ demographics, how they landed on your website, and the most popular pages on your website. With this information in hand, you can plan business strategies and grow your business faster.
In this tutorial, I explain how to create a Google Analytics account, and how to connect it to your WordPress website using Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WordPress by MonsterInsights.
The tutorial consists of two sections:
- Creating a Google Analytics Account.
- Connecting a Google Analytics Account to a WordPress Website.
Section 1: Creating a Google Analytics Account
1. Go to the Google Analytics website and click Sign up.
2. Enter an account name, then click Next.
3. Choose “Web” to measure your website, then click Next.
4. Fill the property details (Website Name, URL, Industry Category, and Reporting Time Zone ), then click Create.
5. Accept the terms and click I Accept.
6. You will be redirected to your Google Analytics dashboard.
Section 2: Connecting a Google Analytics Account to WordPress Website
1. Install “Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WordPress by MonsterInsights” by searching for “monster” from the keyword search box, then click Install Now.
2. Activate the plugin by clicking Activate.
3. Start the plugin configuration wizard by clicking Launch the Wizard!.
4. Choose the category that best describes your website then click Save and Continue.
5. Connect MonsterInsights plugin to your Google Analytics account by clicking Connect MonsterInsights.
6-1. Grant MonsteInsights permission to edit Google Analytics management entities by clicking Allow.
6-2. Grant MonsteInsights permission to view and manage your Google Analytics data by clicking Allow.
6-3. Grant MonsteInsights permission to view your AdSense data by clicking Allow.
6-4. Grant MonsteInsights permission to view and manage Search Console data for your verified sites by clicking Allow.
7. Confirm your choices by clicking Allow.
8. Choose the All Web Site Data view, then click Complete Connection.
9. Keep the default settings as it is and click Save and continue.
10. Proceed to the next step by clicking Save and continue.
11. Skip installing WPForms plugin by clicking Skip this step.
12. Finish the setup by clicking Finish Setup & Exit Wizard.
13-1. Test by visiting any page on your website
13.2- Notice the number of Active Users right now and the Top Active Pages.
Now you can plan your business online strategy based on reports & analytics.